Bo Joel Svensson
I was working as a postdoc at Chalmers University of Technology until Jan 2017.
I spent 2014 and 2015 at Indiana University in Bloomington as a postdoc.
I defended my Ph.D. in December 2013 at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Chalmers University of Technology.
My supervisors during my Ph.D studies were Mary Sheeran ,
Koen Claessen and
Josef Svenningsson .
Work on application acceleration by utilising reconfigurable hardware.
Embedded languages and parallelism:
We are exploring ways to program highly parallel computers such as a GPU.
Currently there are GPUs available with over a thousand
processing elements. Our approach so far is to develop an embedded
language in the style of Lava, using combinators to describe
parallel computation structures. Presently we call this language Obsidian.
We have also experimented with Haskell embeddings of
Intel's Array Building Blocks, ArBB.
This embedded language we call EmbArBB.
- (2017) Prajith Ramakrishnan Geethakumari, Vincenzo Gulisano, Bo Joel Svensson, Pedro Petersen Moura Trancoso, Philippas Tsigas and Ioannis Sourdis: Single Window Stream Aggregation using Reconfigurable Hardware
- (PLDI 2017) Buddhika Chamith De Alwis Kahawitage don, Luke Dalessandro, Bo Joel Svensson, Ryan R. Newton: Instruction Punning: Lightweight Instrumentation for x86-64
- (FHPC 2016) Martin Dybdal, Martin Elsman, Bo Joel Svensson and Mary Sheeran: Low-level functional GPU programming for parallel algorithms
- (CPC 2016) Martin Dybdal, Martin Elsman, Bo Joel Svensson and Mary Sheeran: Low-level functional GPU programming for parallel algorithms
- (PLDI 2016) Buddhika Chamith, Bo Joel Svensson, Luke Dalessandro, Ryan R. Newton: Living on the edge: Rapid-toggling probes with cross modification on x86
- (JFP 2016) Bo Joel Svensson, Mary Sheeran, Ryan Newton: A Language for Hierarchical Data Parallel Design-space Exploration on GPUs
- (FHPC 2015) Michael Vollmer, Bo Joel Svensson, Eric Holk, Ryan R. Newton: Meta-Programming and Auto-Tuning in the Search for High Performance GPU Code
- (FHPC 2015) Bo Joel Svensson, Michael Vollmer, Eric Holk, Trevor L. McDonell, Ryan R. Newton: Converting Data-Parallelism to Task-Parallelism by Rewrites
- (FHPC 2014) Bo Joel Svensson, Josef Svenningsson: Defunctionalizing Push Arrays (2014)
- (CACM) Bo Joel Svensson, Mary Sheeran, Ryan Newton: Design Exploration through Code-generating DSLs (2014)
- (ACM Queue) Bo Joel Svensson, Mary Sheeran, Ryan Newton: Design Exploration through Code-generating DSLs (2014)
- (ICFP 2013) Josef Svenningsson, Bo Joel Svensson: Simple and Compositional Reification of Monadic Embedded Languages (2013)
- (FHPC 2013) Josef Svenningsson, Bo Joel Svensson, Mary Sheeran: Counting and Occurrence sort for GPUs using an Embedded Language (2013)
- (FHPC 2012) Bo Joel Svensson, Mary Sheeran: Parallel Programming in Haskell Almost for Free (2012)
- (DAMP 2012) Koen Claessen, Mary Sheeran, Bo Joel Svensson: Expressive Array Constructs in an Embedded GPU Kernel Programming Language (2012) (more info)
- (FASPP 2011) Bo Joel Svensson, Ryan Newton: Programming Future Parallel Architectures with Haskell and ArBB (2011)
- (PAPP 2010) Joel Svensson, Koen Claessen, Mary Sheeran:
GPGPU kernel implementation and refinement using Obsidian (May 2010)
- (IFL 2008) Joel Svensson, Mary Sheeran, Koen Claessen:
Obsidian: A Domain Specific Embedded Language for Parallel Programming of Graphics Processors (Sep 2008)
- (DCC 2008) Joel Svensson, Mary Sheeran, Koen Claessen:
Obsidian: GPU Programming in
Haskell (Mar 2008)
Related to Obsidian
Download Obsidian, EmbArBB and other Projects
From Github (svenssonjoel)
Intel's Array Building Blocks